Baseline Update Removes Duplicate Resource Assignments
(Doc ID 2222602.1)
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 15.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 15.2]
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 15.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Resources are being removed after updating baseline.
Resources to remain on baseline after updating the baseline.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Project and assign a Non Labor Resource twice.
2. Add Budgeted Cost to the duplicate Resources. Example 100,000 for total of 200,000.
3. Go to Project>Maintain Baseline and create a Baseline
4. Assign the same Non Labor Resource again to the Activity so the same Resource is assigned 3 times.
5. Add a negative Budgeted Cost to the newly assigned Resource. Example -50,000.
6. Go to Project>Maintain Baseline, highlight the Baseline and Update the Baseline.
Update baseline options:
Under 'Specify the activities to include: turn on 'All Activities'.
Check 'Update existing activities already in the baseline' then click Update Options box.
Under 'When updating resource assignment data, include:' check Update existing resource and role assignments; Budgeted units and cost; Actuals for units and cost and Add new resource and role assignments.
7. After updating the Baseline the BL Project Total Cost is not correct.
8. Restore Baseline and there is only 1 Resource assigned to the Activity in the Baseline.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document