Last updated on JANUARY 19, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 15.2 to 16.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (P6 EPPM) Cloud Service:
When removing 'P6 Application Instance' and 'Stage P6 Application Instance' application instances from a user within Cloud Admin to deprovision the user from P6:
The deprovisioning process shows it was completed successfully but the user is not removed from the P6 EPPM user's table and can still login successfully to core P6 EPPM modules (like P6 for example).
The deprovsioning log file for the user shows the following:
TIMESTAMP [UserResource] - Creating/Provisioning Users: 1
TIMESTAMP [UserResource] - Processing User(1/1): $USERNAME
TIMESTAMP [UserResourceApi] - Completed De-Provisioning P6AI
TIMESTAMP [UserResourceApi] - Completed De-Provisioning StageP6AI
TIMESTAMP [UserResourceApi] - Completed de-provisioning [PrimaveraVirtualDesktopUser]
TIMESTAMP [UserResource] - Provisioned User: $USERNAME
In addition, if a role was also removed during deprovisioning, the role does successfully stay removed from the user.
After the failed deprovisioning attempt, multiple instances of an Application Instance can display in the list (but does not necessarily occur for all users).
When removing an application instance from a user within Cloud Admin:
For the user to be deprovisioned from the P6 EPPM environment (stage if removing 'Stage P6 Application Instance' | production if removing 'P6 Application Instance'). This should include removal of the user from P6 EPPM user's table.
For only a single, non-duplicated application instance to be displayed in the application instance list of the cloud admin application.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to Cloud Admin as an admin user
- Select user you wish to deprovision then Manage Provisions
- Select Save which initiated the user processing and produced a pop-up of 'processed successfully'
- Note, while this is occurring, you will see the columns Application Instances empty
- Note, once the popup showing the user created/modified successfully message occurred, both application instances re-displayed as assigned (and sometimes displays multiple occurrences)
- Note, the user which was deprovisioned can still login to P6 EPPM modules.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms