Partner Sales Rep Is Unable To Change The Primary Contact Of Existing Opportunties
(Doc ID 2228134.1)
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Opportunities
Partner sales rep is unable to change the primary contact of existing opportunities
This scenario was working fine until now and only today it started to throw error.
A partner sales rep who is owner of both the opportunity and the contact is unable to change the existing primary contact and gets an error.
This issue is not occurring for newly created opportunities, only for existing ones.
"As a partner user, you cannot set, as the primary contact, a contact who was not created by a resource within your partner organization'.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. user having Partner Sales Representative role logs into the Application & Goes to the opportunity object.
2. He opens 1 of his existing opportunity
3. Clicks on the Contacts tab.
4. Now he wants to change the Primary contact for this opportunity and so he searches for another contact.
5. Clicks on ‘ OK ‘ and the contact gets added.
6. Now as soon as he tries to make this contact as primary(by selecting the ‘ tick mark ‘) and clicks on Save an error message pops up and he is unable to save the same.
The above mentioned user is of Partner Sales Representative role and is the owner of the contact as well as the opportunity.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot set primary contacts for their own existing opportunities, which impacts their work process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document