Questions On OSC Data Quality - Address Validation Service And Nokia Geo Data
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Data Quality, Customer Hub
Customer is looking for enabling the Data Quality module with Address Validation service for our OSC application which is already Live. They currently have Nokia geo data in both Test & Prod systems and also have Territory assignments based on geo zip codes and they have address validation enabled for Zip Code, State and City. When they enable/use address validation service they may have some conflicts especially for the missing zip code or city in Nokia data.
Prior to the implementation they would like to get answers for below questions ASAP:
1. For fully utilizing the address validation service, do we need to turn off the Nokia data?
2. Does it cost more using the Address Validation service in batch mode?
3. If we turn off the Nokia geo data, do we need to import Address Validation service geo data into OSC? If so, is it provided at free of cost?
4. When we import the external geo data, do we need to recreate the Territory proposal which is based on the geo zip code?
5. Also, after importing the external geo data, we may have to run the address validation service in batch mode for fixing the geo references of the records. Need to confirm if this assumption is correct.
Re framed some of the previous questions for better understanding:
1. To utilize address validation service, do we need to update the Geo data -if there is discrepancy between the backend address validation data and Geo data (that has Nokia data) – how will that be resolved?
2. Do we need to import Address Validation service geo data into OSC? If so, how can the underlying geo data used by the service be accessed to do it?
3. If we need to import the external geo data, do we need to recreate the Territory proposal or update the addresses – to have the reference to the geo nodes be updated for geo based Territory Management to work properly?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms