ASAP XML Import and Export Jobs Do Not Conform to the Concurrent Threads Setting in the P6 Configuration
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 15.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 15.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
ASAP/on-demand XML export or import jobs do not abide by the Concurrent Threads setting in the P6 Configuration.
- Launch the P6 Administration application (<P6 EPPM home>\p6\adminpv.cmd or .sh).
- Enter the credentials for the privileged schema user (default privuser).
- Expand the P6 Configuration (NOTE: If a separate P6services.jar process has been set up, expand the configuration for that process).
- Expand Services > Import/Export Service.
- Set Concurrent Threads to '1'.
- Save the changes and exit the P6 Administration application.
- Login to P6 Web and initiate multiple ASAP XML import tasks.
- The exports will be processed concurrently, rather than one at a time per the Concurrent Threads setting.
- This can cause performance issues if multiple users initiate large XML import/export jobs and all are simultaneously run by the the P6 Web JVM process.
- The Administrator of the P6 environment should have the ability to limit how many concurrent ASAP import/export jobs can run concurrently.
- The condition described in this document does not apply to scheduled XML import/export jobs, only on-demand jobs.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms