Incorrect Sort Order For Both Start And Finish Milestones By Start And Finish Columns.
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sorting by Start Date in the P6 Web is showing a system date instead of the Finish Date for Finish Milestones in the grouping roll-up when the the Finish Milestone is the earliest Activity in the grouping.
Start Milestones use the Start Date as the Finish Date when sorting by Finish Date and Finish Milestones use the Finish Date as the Start Date when sorting by Start Date due to Milestones being 0 duration Activities.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new Project.
- Create 3 sibling WBS': Start MS, TD, Finish MS.
- Add 4 Activities: 2 Task Dependent under the TD WBS, one Start Milestone under the Start MS WBS, one Finish Milestone under the Finish MS WBS.
- Link the activities in the following order: Start Milestone SS to Task Dependent activity 1, Task Dependent activity 1 FS to Task Dependent activity 2, Task Dependent activity 2 FF to the Finish Milestone
- Schedule the Project.
- Group by WBS in the Classic View and take note of how the roll up values display.
- Group by Project and sort by Start ascending. This will show the Finish Milestone, Start Milestone, TD1, then TD2.
- Repeat step 7 in the Pro Client. This will show the correct order: Start Milestone, TD1, TD2, Finish Milestone.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms