'User Administration' Excel Data Extract Contain Trailing Characters
Last updated on MAY 02, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM:
Download from Users page will add an extra character to each cell exported, making functions like Trim to not work correctly.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Log into P6 Web.
- Navigate to Administer>User Administration.
- Select the Users page.
- Use the download link to download the list of users.
- Open the downloaded file in Excel file.
- Click on any cell to edit the value.
- Notice that there is an extra character at the end of the value that looks like space/blank.
- Use the Trim function =Trim(A2).
- Copy the result of the trim function.
- Paste it to another cell using the Paste Values option.
- Notice that the extra character still exists at the end of the cell.
- Use the Unicode function to determine what character is extra:
- Notice the extra character is 160.
- Use the Substitute function to ensure the Trim function works:
=TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A2;CHAR(160);"")) - this workaround should work.
Values exported to be clean of any trailing characters.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms