Payroll To Be Processed Matching The Accounting Period Close - Not Picking All Employees
Last updated on APRIL 20, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Payroll is being processed for every Calendar month (e.g. 01-Jan-2017 to 31-Jan-2017), however the accounting periods are slightly different (e.g. Period 1 - 27-Dec-2016 to 26-Jan-2016, Period 2 - 27-Jan-2017 to 25-Feb-2017 etc).
In our case we are processing payroll, and transferring to SLA and Creating accounting entries. The Accounts are created only when we process it for 31-Jan-2017.
This Accounting periods have to be manually adjusted in Finance. However this solution is not acceptable. We are trying to find a possible work around.
We did the following test cases as workarounds to address this case.
(1) Processed payroll with Period_end_date as 26-Jan-2017, and date_earned as 31-Jan-2017. This one picks the correct accounting and posts in proper accounting period
(2) However, this process fails if there is a retro process is present, and it does not process those employee records
Advise, if this is possible to process matching to accounting dates (in earlier dates 26-Jan-2017) in a supported way of operation.
Payroll to be processed matching the Accounting Period close
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Payroll Flow is submitted with Process_end_date as 26th (Matching accounting date), and Date_earned as 31st (Matching payroll period)
2) After Payroll Process, accounting is getting created properly [Note: Processed for 2 months, and account posting is t is working correct]
3) It fails in 1 case. When Payroll is processed in the same way for employee who has a retro entry, Payroll process is not picking those employees.
The issue has the following business impact:
The current month payroll has to be completed within next 2 days, and employees to be paid on 25th of the month.
Payroll posting for the current month has to be created in proper accounting period.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms