Changing Activity Type To Start Milestone Using "Activity Type" Column In Standard View Deletes All Relationships
(Doc ID 2252910.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 16.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 to 17.4 [Release 16.2 to 17.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Changing activity type to start milestone using "Activity Type" column in Standard View deletes all activities' relationships.
The activities' relationships should remain the same.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open Standard view
- Create a new project
- Change to "Activities view"
- Go in to Customize View
- Columns: Add column "Activity Type"
- Grouping: Uncheck "Hide if Empty"
- Save view
- Create three new activities
- Save activities
- Link activities Finish to Start
- Schedule project
- Check that there are links between the activities
- Create another activity
- Change activity type on the recently added activity
- In Activity Type column choose Start Milestone
- In "Confirm Invalid relationships will be removed. Do you want to continue?" Click on Yes
- Check if there still is links between previous three activities, all links are removed
- To be sure Schedule project and all activities will be back on Data Date
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!