Unable to Save Changes on the 'Administer > Application Settings > Audit' Page Or Application Settings Page Hangs When Loading Audit Page P6 EPPM
(Doc ID 2261446.1)
Last updated on JUNE 05, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In r8.4 and earlier version of P6 EPPM, the SETTINGS table did not include a column called "setting_id". This column was added to the schema in r15.1. If auditing is enabled in r8.4 (or earlier versions of P6 EPPM), and the datbase is upgraded to r15.1 or later, the setting_id column of all auditing rows will be set with a null value. After upgrading to r15.1 or later, if the setting_id value for auditing rows of the SETTINGS table contain a null value, one of the following two issues can occur:
Application settings page hangs (shows white screen) in P6 (web) if:
- - a row exists in SETTINGS table for namespace='database.audit', setting_name='Enabled' without a value for setting_id
- - a row exists in SETTINGS table for namespace='database.audit.$TABLE', setting_value='Options' without a value for setting_id
Unable to save changes on the Application Settings, auditing page if:
- - a row exists in the SETTINGS table for namespace='database.audit', setting_name='Enabled' without a value for setting_id
- - no rows are present in SETTINGS table for namespace='database.audit.$TABLE', setting_value='Options'
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create an 8.4 or earlier schema:
- Turn on auditing for at least one table by running: exec auditing_enable('TASK',1);
- Disable auditing but keep the values where namespace like 'database.audit%' present by running: exec auditing_disable(null);
- Upgrade to r16.2.5 by running 126.96.36.199 dbsetup
- Run the following SQL statement and note the setting_id value is null: select rownum, setting_id, namespace, setting_name, setting_value from settings where namespace like 'database.audit%' and setting_id is null;
- Note one of the issues defined in the additional information section when this occurs.
When upgrading the database, there should be a check in the orpm_admuser_upgrade.sql script to find any rows in settings where namespace like 'database.audit%' and setting_id is null and update the row to set a setting_id value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document