Error: "The Financial Period You Are Attempting to Create Cannot Overlap With an Existing Financial Period." When Creating a Second Financial Period in an Empty P6 EPPM Database
Last updated on MAY 24, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 16.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 16.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There are inconsistencies when saving a second batch of financial periods in an empty P6 EPPM database. When attempting to save the second financial period, P6 will throw the following error even though the dates are NOT overlapping:
The financial period you are attempting to create cannot overlap with an existing financial period.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
- Create an EMPTY 18.104.22.168 database.
- Connect to 22.214.171.124 P6 EPPM environment.
- Login to P6 Web Access then go to 'Administer > Enterprise Data > Global > Financial Periods'.
- Create a financial period then save.
- Attempt to create a second financial period then save. The error will be thrown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms