Error: "Access Violation at Address Xxxxxx in Module 'msvcrt.dll'" When Attempting to Export a Project to a Microsoft Excel (XLSX) Spreadsheet
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to export a large project, for example having more than 100K activities to XLSX file, the following error occurs:
Access violation at address 00007FFD6B4D186D in module 'msvcrt.dll'. Write of address 00007FF6FECB5E2C. Please contact your administrator to correct the problem.
STEPS TO DUPLICATE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P6 Professional open a project with more than 100K activities;
- Go to File > Export;
- Select the Spreadsheet (XLS) option and press Next
- Select the Activities on the Export Type window and press Next;
- On the projects to export select your project and press Next;
- Select the XLS template and Press Next;
- Define the export location and Press Next > Finish.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms