"Exception Has Occurred!" When Adding Projects to an Existing "Export" Project Scheduled Service
Last updated on JULY 13, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 15.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199 [Release 15.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add projects to an existing "Export" Project Scheduled Service, the following error occurs:
Exception has occurred!
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to P6Web.
2. Navigate to Projects > Project Scheduled Services
3. Add a new Export Service (Example: "ExportXMLTest") - include multiple (4 in this case) projects for XML Export.
4. Edit service to add more projects.
5. When clicking "Save", observe the reported pop-up error
6. Click OK and observe that the edit window clears.
7. Observe that the ExportXMLTest service now has an orange icon on top of the green arrow icon. This indicates a change has not been saved.
8. Click Edit, observe that the additional projects added in Step 4 are still listed, but the Save option produces the same error.
9. Clicking "Run Service" runs the job with the original 4 projects.
Due to this issue, users cannot add projects to an existing "Export" Project Scheduled Service.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms