When Creating a New Project Underneath a New EPS (That is Empty), the Project Details Are Replaced With Details From the Template Copied.
(Doc ID 2278153.1)
Last updated on JUNE 04, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 16.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 16.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Creating a Project under a new EPS, when selecting the option of "Copy from existing template", Project details entered during creation are over-written by details of Template chosen instead of the new Project ID, Name, and dates selected.
Creating a Project under a new EPS should use the new Project ID, Name, and dates rather than using the information from the copied Project.
1. In Classic Vew (can be repeated in Standard view as well), highlight an existing EPS.
2. Right click / add / sibling EPS / Save.
3. Highlight newly created EPS.
4. Right click / add Project / (leave Project name as NEWPROJ (or something similar) and date as today's date) / click on picklist for copy from existing Project or Template.
5. Filter on Templates.
6. Highlight one of the Templates to copy from.
7. Click Create.
8. Click Ok on popup indicating Project was created.
9. Click on EPS tab to refresh list of Projects.
10. Observe the newly added Project has the Project ID of the template copied (with a -1), name of the Template, and start date of the Template rather than the new information selected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document