R12 Security: Reset Password Using Automatic Generate Password Option Fails With Java Error
(Doc ID 2284038.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 01, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Financials Common Module Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Product Hub Cloud Service - Version 11.13.17.09.0 to 11.13.17.09.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Starting Fusion Applications Release 12, the User Management functionality has been built into Security Console. While resetting the password for a user using the Automatic Generate Password option, the password reset fails with a java error mentioned below:
Steps to Reproduce Issue
1. Login to Fusion Application as admin user (who has IT Security Manager job role)
2. Navigate to Tools > Security Console page
3. Click on the Users tab and search for a user
4. Try to reset the password and select the Automatic Generate Password option
5. Password reset fails with error mentioned above
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document