Import XLS Flips Day/Month Of Date Values Entered
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Constraint dates imported via XLS are flipping the Month and Day opposite of the Date Format selected in the User Preferences.
User Preferences Date Format is used to determine the Month/Day or Day/Month of the importing date values.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Change the system date and time setting to use Day/Month/Year.
- Click on the time in the lower right of the computer
- Click 'change date and time settings..."
- Click 'change date and time'
- Click 'change calendar settings'
- Modify the "short date" value to dd/mmm/yy
- Click Apply
- Login to P6 Professional.
- Set User Preferences 'Date Format' to "Month, day, year".
- Export a project to XLS (with a constraint type and date already applied).
- Modify the constraint date = '03/04/2017 12:00 AM.
- Save the file.
- Import into P6, updating the existing project.
- Note that the constraint date will come in as April 3rd, not March 4th.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot import the dates correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms