Last updated on AUGUST 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For Translation, we have recorded the P&L movement for each of the 12 months at the Average Period Rate as per instructed. As per the last period we ran a journal that is closing all period movement into the retained earnings accounts in the real ledger (not the translation ledger).
Once that was completed, we ran translation for the period Close-16, which should have closed all P&L accounts in the translation ledger (i.e. all translation balances should have been set to 0, just like in the real ledger). However, after running translation and checking the report provided, all P&L accounts are not being closed properly and we can still see balances in each one of them.
How can we get all P&L accounts to close their balances to 0 in the Translated ledger for CLOSE-16?
To make things easier, here is a summary of all the steps we took:
B/S accounts were run at the Period End rate
P&L accounts were run at the Period Average rate
Real Ledger – The ledger used in conversion.
Translation Ledger – Ledger used for the translated balances
1) Ran translation for each period individually up until JUN-16, but performed step 2 and 3 after running each one of them. Once all periods were ran, we moved to step 4.
2) Checked Translation_statuses table for the translation status of each ledger for each period
3) Checked the translated_flag in the GL_BALANCES table for each combination in each ledger for each period
4) Fixed the ownership capital accounts with historical amounts for JUN-16
5) Ran all other periods individually up until DEC-16 and performed for each period the same checks in step 2 and 3
6) Fixed the ownership capital accounts with historical amounts for DEC-16
7) Recorded a journal that is closing all period movement into retained earnings account in the real ledger
8) Ran translation for CLOSE-16
9) All P&L accounts in the translation ledger are not 0
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms