While Running BIP Report Using Dashboard Prompts, User Gets "Error occurred on retrieving the data XML"
(Doc ID 2304899.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Analytics
Error while running BIP report using Dashboard Prompts
Customer have created BIP reports using the Data Model Approach and created parameters in Data Model itself for filtering out the data in the report. Also, they have created Dashboard Prompts and referenced the parameters in the Dashboard Prompts using Presentation Variable. The Dashboard Prompt and the report works fine for the data which is already present in the report. However, if they choose a Prompt value for which there is no data in the report, it displays the error "Error occurred on retrieving the data XML."
Error occurred on retrieving the data XML.
Illegal parameter value: New_Parameter_1=0011_Test [121514, 929292]
oracle.xdo.servlet.data.DataException: Invalid parameters requested
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a BIP data model using SQL, created BIP parameters with Menu type. Create a BIP report based on this
2. Create a dashboard prompt with the presentation variable name matching the Parameter Name in BIP parameter
3. Create a dashboard and add the dashboard prompt and BIP report
6. Run the dashboard and select value from the dashboard prompt which will not have any data in the report and hit 'Apply'
7. Instead of showing 'No data found', it shows 'Error occurred on retrieving the data XML.'
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot get "No data found" when report is run in dashboard with Parameter value for which there is no data. Instead they are getting error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document