Error: "You do not have privileges to copy from the project. Select a different project from which to copy"
Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 17.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a Resource Manager attempts to create projects by copying them from an existing template or project, the following error occurs:
You do not have privileges to copy from the project. Select a different project from which to copy
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into P6 Web as the Resource Manager.
2. Click Projects tab.
3. Navigate to the EPS the Resource Manager has access to and add a project.
4. Enter Project ID and Project Name.
5. Click on Advanced.
6. Search for a project or template to copy from.
7. Select a Project or Template outside of the Resource Manager's responsible manager delegation. For example, if the Resource Manager is under LOB1 but not LOB2, choose the project or template from LOB2.
8. Click Select.
9. Click Create.
10. Notice the following error occurs (in Standard and Classic View).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms