Overhead Rule Does Not Work For User-defined Inventory Transaction Type
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Cost Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Cost Management
Overhead rule does not work for user-defined inventory transaction type
We created user-defined Inventory Transaction Type, and set Overhead Rule for it.
After that, we created an inventory transaction with using the transaction type on Create Miscellaneous Transactions page, but overhead is not calculated automatically.
Please refer attachment SR_Overhead_Rule_20170804_1.pptx for details.
Test case1: Using Miscellaneous Receipt(Seeded)
Test case2: Using KC Test Misc Receipt(user defined)
1. Enter Overhead rule on Manage Accounting Overhead Rules page.
2. On Create Miscellaneous Transactions page, create an inventory transaction with the inventory transaction type.
3. Run job "Transfer Transactions from Inventory to Costing".
4. Run job "Create Cost Accounting Distributions".
5. Check distributions on Review Cost Accounting Distributions.
Then, in test case 1, overhead data was created. But, in test case 2, overhead data was not created.
How can we use the user-defined transaction type with using overhead rule?
expect overhead accounting rules to be applied to custom transaction types in inventory
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms