Auto numbering on customer accounts not working as expected
(Doc ID 2321278.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Receivables Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After loading legacy accounts with existing account numbers and determining the maximum account number, set profile option HZ_GENERATE_CUSTOMER_NUMBER to Auto numbering, update not allowed and BILLING_ACCOUNT_NUMBER to Start Date = 10/18/2011, Initial Value 32,736
After that, the new accounts started at 35074 through 36242.
The initial value did not take effect on newly created accounts.
Expected new accounts to start with 32736
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to application
2. Navigate to Setup and Maintenance > Task: Manage Administrator Profile Values > Go to Task
3. Search for Profile Code HZ_GENERATE_CUSTOMER_NUMBER
4. For Site level, set value to Auto numbering, update not allowed
5. Click Save and Close
6. Search for Profile Code BILLING_ACCOUNT_NUMBER
7. For Site level, set initial value to 32736
8. Click Save and Close
Due to this issue, unable to control the initial value of the customer account numbers.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!