Spaces In RMS Coupon Barcode creating duplicate entries in Retail Insight Application
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising Foundation Cloud Service - Version NA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Spaces in Coupon Barcode impacting Retail Insight(RI).
Encountered an issue where spaces in the Coupon Barcode resulted in dual entries being created in RI for the same coupon bar code.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Login to Application and Navigate to Tasks - > Price - > create coupon.
- Create the coupon with trail spaces in the barcode.
- Check the data in the table POS_COUPON_HEAD.Observe that spaces are still exist.
- Create a RESA Sales transaction for this barcode without trailing space.
- During integration of sales to RI , the coupon from ReSA did not match the coupon in POS_COUPON_HEAD, thus 2 coupon reference numbers were created in RI.
- One interfaced from RMS POS_COUPON_HEAD (with space) and another auto generated due to ReSA Sales Transaction (without space).
- This led to data corruption in RI, coupon details could not be viewed and the sales could not be associated to the Coupon.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms