Gateway Timeout And Stuck Threads For Single And Multiple ADFDi Journal Upload
(Doc ID 2322818.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.0 version, Create and Manage Journals
When attempting to upload Journals using ADFDi for Single and Multiple journals, the following error occurs. The issue started to be reported when the customer was trying to upload a large number of journals (1500, 3000), but after that, even trying to upload just 300 lines were reporting the same behavior.
The remote server returned an error: (504) Gateway Timeout.
The GL server logs shows Multiple Stuck Treads:
[2017-09-05T18:23:34.823+00:00] [GeneralLedgerServer_as1_02] [ERROR:7] [BEA-000337] [WebLogicServer] [host:.....[TARGET: /...._erp.us2_2_FinancialDomain/FinancialDomain/GeneralLedgerServer_as1_02] [TARGET_TYPE: weblogic_j2eeserver] [LOG_FILE: /u01/APPLTOP/instance/wlslogs/FinancialDomain/servers/GeneralLedgerServer_as1_02/logs/GeneralLedgerServer_as1_02.log] [STUCK] ExecuteThread: '7' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "658" seconds working on the request "Workmanager: default, Version: 0, Scheduled=true, Started=true, Started time: 658433 ms[[
POST /ledger/adfdiRemoteServlet HTTP/1.1
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8
User-Agent: Oracle ADFdi (22.214.171.12421) .NET
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Populate Single and Multiple tabs from ADFDi Upload journal template
2. Upload the records
- Stuck Threads were found in the GL server. Server was bounced twice, but the issue re appeared a few hours after the bounce.
- Development reviewed logs and AWR reports and found issues with the Indexes used when using Single and Multiple Sheets. The recommendation was to use to use Bulk Journals tab as a workaround.
- It was also recommended NOT to use the Export Journal feature from the UI, since this feature is also generating Stuck Thread in the GL server for the same reason.
- The Invoice Upload was reporting the same problem.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document