Slow Performance When Attempting To Add A New Project As A Non-Admin Superuser Using P6 Professional Through Cloud Connect
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add a new project using P6 Professional with cloud connect where:
A) the user is a non-admin superuser and
B) the user does not have access to all EPS locations in the database:
- The following SQL statement is executed repeatedly:
--SELECT proj_id FROM PROJECT WHERE UPPER(proj_short_name) = UPPER(:proj_short_name) AND NOT (proj_id = ####) -- passing an incremental parameter of "NEWPROJ" to "NEWPROJ-#" until an unused default project ID name is identified.
When the database already contains a large list of IDs which match the same name, the condition can result in a performance degradation when latency is introduced in the connection causing the application to hang when attempting to click the 'Add Project' icon to create a new project (or any method to add a new project).
Improve performance of the Add Project option by reducing the amount of requests triggered for the following SQL statement when a user does not have access to an entire:
EPS - SELECT proj_id FROM PROJECT WHERE UPPER(proj_short_name) = UPPER(:proj_short_name) AND NOT (proj_id = ####).
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
Using sample data:
- Create a large list of projects using the default project ID value
- Create a new user where:
- assigned to a non-admin global profile
- assigned to an OBS/EPS where none of the prior projects were created
- Login to P6 Professional via cloud connect as the new user
- Attempt to create a new project in the associated EPS
- Note the reported issue which occurs when latency is introduced in the connection
- Additionally, tracing SQL you will identify the behavior noted above.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms