Unable to Open User-Defined Reports That Are Generated in Excel Format
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2018
Applies to:Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Primavera Unifier - Version 9.13 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Unifier: Any Version - with some versions of Excel
Users are unable to run User-Defined Reports (UDRs) in EXCEL format. Other formats are working successfully (pdf, html, etc). Also, when the Excel file is opened using AutoVue viewer, the content shows as tag-filled gibberish.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Login into Unifier
- Navigate to some work space where a UDR exists and open the item
- Select Report Format as ‘Excel’
- Click on ‘RUN’
- When the process completes Save the report and then try to open it with Excel. Notice that Excel returns: The file you are trying to open is in a different format that specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?
- Disregard this, click on the Yes button, and notice the report opens and returns data as expected.
- Now try opening the same saved report through AutoVue and notice that the data is returned as tag-filled gibberish.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms