Poor Performance With Mouse Clicks, Mouse Scrolling And Window Painting (Screen Refreshing) When Using Primavera Virtual Desktop (P6 Professional Over Secure Global Desktop) From High Latency Regions
(Doc ID 2337831.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 06, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (P6 EPPM) Cloud Service
- P6 Professional over Secure Global Desktop (SGD) - which is branded as Primavera Virtual Desktop (PVD)
While using PVD from a high latency connection, you experience screen refreshing delay, mouse scrolling delay, mouse clicking delay.
This is not necessarily attributable to a single behavior, but experienced while:
- Scrolling through Project Page
- Scrolling through Activities page
- Scrolling through Project or Activity page when selecting the vertical scroll bar
- Selecting an activity or project (where the selection is delayed from mouse click)
- Window pop-ups are displayed (like File, Close all window)
- Closing a project and selecting Enterprise, Projects to display the project page. Note, the project details rendering is slow.
For response time of mouse click, keystrokes or scrolling display to be more responsive under high latency / low bandwidth connections to the Oracle Cloud data center.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Login to PVD (P6 Professional over SGD)
- Click around within project page or activity page
- Note the reported behavior which occurs
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document