Can Planning Central Plan Supply/Demand At The Category Level?
Last updated on JANUARY 14, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Planning Central Cloud Service - Version 11.13.17.09.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Can Planning Central Plan Supply/Demand at the Category level?
Business uses the Category level as a basis for their MRP for the following reasons:
- There are 20 + component options within each Category based on various configurations
- The components within each category fluctuate demand frequently
- Wouldn't be able to assign a standard percentage for a planning BOM because of demand inconsistencies
- They want they flexibility to purchase any of the items within that product family when there's a material shortage
- Sales forecasts and discusses orders with potential customers at theCategory level
- Demand predictions are fueled by sales prospects which vary by month
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms