Controlled Availability: FROM Address used as a REPLYTO address
(Doc ID 2344104.1)
Last updated on MAY 18, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Responsys Marketing Platform Cloud Service - Version 6X to 6X [Release 6x]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Information on how to add a FROM address to also be used as a REPLYTO address
- If approved we recommend the FROM address only be used on a transactional campaigns (Paid service | Controlled Availability: Transactional Messaging (Doc ID 1774420.1))
- If used on a promotional campaign it could result in IP reputation issues
- Having a FROM address as a REPLYTO address will increase the volume of messages sent to the mapped REPLYTO address
- We recommend that you have a conversation with your internal IT team first to make sure your internal servers are able to handle high volumes of messages (potentially 10's of thousands of messages hitting your email servers in a short period of time)
- The address should never be used as the REPLYTO address on a campaign
- The purpose of configuring the FROM address as a REPLYTO address is to help catch users that saved the FROM address as a contact and send messages to it
Using this setup will result in the mapped REPLYTO (forward address) receiving additional emails that may not be caught by our automatic processing rules, especially if it is ever used with a promotional campaign. For example, auto-reply messages may be passed to the mapped REPLYTO address.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document