Expanding a UDF (Both P6 And Unifier) Or a Code Grouping Folder Can Take Upwards to 30 Seconds to Display the Associated Mappings While Creating A New Analysis
(Doc ID 2345387.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 13, 2018
Applies to:Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Primavera Analytics - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating a new analysis, attempting to expand a UDF Folder (for a P6 or Unifier Subject Area) or a Code Folder can take upwards to 30 seconds for the folder to expand and UDF or Code mappings to display.
When attempting to expand a UDF or Code grouping from a Primavera Analytics subject area while creating a new Analysis, responsiveness of the mappings should return much quicker.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps (Using Text UDF and Business Process Subject area as example):
1. Login to OBIEE
2. Browse to New > Analysis
3. Select "Primavera - Business Process"
4. On the new analysis page:
a. Attempt to add some non-UDF columns
b. Attempt to expand open a UDF grouping (Under Business Process > Text UDFs - (BP)
c. Note the delay which occurs when attempting to expand the list.
If the results of the UDF grouping do return back quickly:
1. Select the >> icon
2. Select Refresh > Server Metadata
3. Once the loading bar (at top-right of page) stops spinning, attempt to re-expand the UDF grouping and note the delay it takes to return the mapping list.
While this issue occurs, the session can start to experience more delay while attempting to move else-ware in the application which has not been previously loaded in the current session.
- Attempting to click the new dropdown can start to hang indefinitely (if the new dropdown was not previously selected during logged in session)
- Attempting to move from criteria tab to results tab can hang indefinitely or become very slow
- Attempting to move from results tab to criteria tab can hang indefinitely or become very slow
- Attempting to click the catalog link can hang indefinitely or become very slow (if the new dropdown was not previously selected during logged in session)
This requires closure of the browser and re-login to OBIEE for the application to exhibit a quicker response again.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document