Record Identifier In GL Information under Manager Departments
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In "Manage Department" -> "GL Cost Center Information" there is an EFF, "Record Identifier", that we need to remove. This particular field is not in the interface from the DRM system, hence it falls over.
We have some additional questions:
1. What is the best practice for naming in this field when creating new departments?
2. Does the field need to have a unique value compared to all other departments?
3. What if the same cost center is attached to 2 different departments, should the record_identifier field be the same for these 2 lines because it is the same cost center or should it be 2 different values in record_identifier?
4. We have an integration from DRM which creates Departments in HCM but this field is not currently included, do we need to update the integration or can the record_identifier be entered after the record is created by the integration?
5. We are doing regression testing, upgrading from R9 to R12. Is there any area in HCM or another module which this new field could affect which we should test specifically?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms