Fusion Time and Labor: Approval Routing Not Working Based On PeopleGroup Id
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Time and Labor Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Time and Labor - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Time Card Entry
The client has setup rules in the following way:
- If peoplegroupid = 123 then ...
- If peoplegroupid = 234 then ...
- If peoplegroupid = 345 then ...
Everything works correctly and if we process an employee with peoplegroupid 123, everything works correctly.
The client then added another rule as
- If peoplegroupid not 123 or peoplegroupid = 234 or peoplegroupid = 345 then ...
This will fail with the long error for an employee that does not have a peoplegroupid.
If we inactive the other rules and set it to peoplegroupid is null, then employees without a peoplegroup will run, but the rest will fail.
Attempted to invoke method "longValue" in class "java.lang.Long" on a null object reference. at line 6 column 9 in /Ruleset(TimecardApprovalRules)/Rule(OnCallRulePureConnectEng)/Pattern(v0_Task)/Test
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Person Management and lookup an employee with PeopleGroupId defined. Also look up an employee who doesn't have People Group Id Defined.
2. Go into Time Cards and create a time card.
3. Submit the time card.
4. Review the BPM worklist notifications.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot move the changes into production.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms