Email Notifications Are Sent to Users Who Have "Notification Preference" Unchecked on Their Profile
(Doc ID 2354883.1)
Last updated on MAY 31, 2019
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 2017 R1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Steps Transition Notification emails, Document Creator, Transaction Creator, Next Step Participant with Participant Profiles and Current Step Participants with Participant Profiles can be added as Cc Recipients.
If the Cc Recipient is added as a group and a user in this group does not want to receive these emails, he/she can go to his/her User Profile page to uncheck the "Notification Preference" check box.
Starting from 2017 R1, if users uncheck the "Notification Preference" on their User Profile page, they still get Step Transition Notification emails if an Email Template is used for this notification.
Step to reproduce:
- Set up a transition rule to send notification to users.
- On the notification email, check a Participant Profile for Cc Recipients. It does not matter if there is a recipient email address.
- Check the Email Template check box and choose an Email Template from the drop down menu. It does not matter if it is a Generic Approval Notification or a customized Email Template.
- Open the User Profile page for the users that are supposed to get the email notification. Uncheck the "Notification Preference" check box for some of these users.
- Deploy commerce and trigger the transition rule.
- All users get the notification.
- Go back to the notification email page and uncheck the Email template check box and use a smart tag email or XSL file for email body.
- Deploy commerce and trigger the transition rule again.
- Users who unchecked the Notification Preference on user profile page do not receive this email as expected.
The site was upgraded to 2017 R1 or later.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document