Period End Accrual Journals Are Not Split By Legal Entity Even When the Sequencing Is Setup To LE
Last updated on MAY 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Cost Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Receipt Accounting - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When period end accruals accounting is generated, the GL Batches created for accruals are for each legal entity and journal lines belong to one balancing segment. While the reversal journal batches are generated without a legal entity on the journal header and with a mixture of journal lines with one or more balancing segments even when sequencing option for primary ledger is set to Legal Entity.
When period end accruals accounting is generated, the GL Batches created for accruals are for each legal entity and journal lines belong to one balancing segment. The same behavior expected with the reversal journals generated during period end accrual process
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Receipts
2. Run the process "Transfer Transactions from Receiving to Costing"
3. Run the process "Create Receipt Accounting Distributions"
4. Run the 'Create Accounting" process for 'Receipt Accounting" subledger
5. See Journals are created for period end accruals with Ledger name on the Journal header and Journal lines only belonging the balancing segment for the LE.
6. Reversal Journals are created for the period end accruals - Its shows they generated without legal entity and the lines belong to multiple balancing segments
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms