In P6 Web Non-Admin Superusers Can Not Access Exchange Data or Edit Integrations for Primavera Gateway Synchronizations
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 17.11 to 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Non-Admin Superusers cannot edit the Integration settings under Project Preferences -> Gateway. They also cannot see the Exchange Data menu unless it is populated with Unifier synchronizations.
It appears that only Admin Superusers can edit and run non-Unifier synchronizations. For example, P6 to P6 and P6 to File are visible and editable to Admin Superusers but not to Non-Admin Superusers.
- Create a Global Profile in P6 with all privileges enabled
- Create a Project Profile with all privileges enabled
- Assign a P6 user both the Global Profile created in Step #1 and the Project Profile created in step #2
- Configure a connection to Primavera Gateway under Application Settings -> Gateway
- Add a new Action with another P6 Deployment as the Source/Destination Deployment. Can also choose a File Deployment as the Source/Destination Deployment
- Logout of P6
- Log back into P6 as the non-Admin Superuser
- Go to the Projects view
- Edit the Project Preferences for a Project
- Click on the Integrations tab
- Select Gateway
- User will not be able to see the P6 and/or File deployments
- Go to the Activities view
- Click on Actions
- The Exchange Data menu option is not available
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms