In P6 Web, Non-Admin Superusers Cannot Access Exchange Data or Edit Integrations for Primavera Gateway Synchronizations
(Doc ID 2357418.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 [Release 17.11 to 17.12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Non-Admin Superusers cannot edit the Integration settings under Project Preferences -> Gateway. They also cannot see the Exchange Data menu unless it is populated with Unifier synchronizations. It appears that only Admin Superusers can edit and run non-Unifier synchronizations. For example, P6 to P6 and P6 to File are visible and editable to Admin Superusers but not to Non-Admin Superusers.
The issue can be reproduced at will using the following steps:
- Create a Global Profile in P6 with all privileges enabled.
- Create a Project Profile with all privileges enabled.
- Assign a P6 user both the Global Profile created in Step #1 and the Project Profile created in step #2.
- Configure a connection to Primavera Gateway under Application Settings -> Gateway.
- Add a new Action with another P6 Deployment as the Source/Destination Deployment. Can also choose a File Deployment as the Source/Destination Deployment.
- Logout of P6.
- Log back into P6 as the non-Admin Superuser.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Edit the Project Preferences for a Project.
- Click on the Integrations tab.
- Select Gateway.
- User will not be able to see the P6 and/or File deployments.
- Go to the Activities view.
- Click on Actions.
- The Exchange Data menu option is not available.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!