When Running Primavera Gateway Synchronizations Between P6 and Prime the Error "Projects Cannot Be Created at the Root Workspace" Occurs
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2018
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 17.7 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 17.7 and later
Oracle Prime Cloud Service - Version 17.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Synchronization of data between Prime and P6 works from Primavera Gateway with the Workspace Location and P6 Project Name hard-coded in the synchronization, but when running the synchronization from P6 it fails and the following error occurs,
Projects cannot be created at the root workspace.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- In P6 under Application -> Gateway set the Gateway parameters
- Add an Action that map to the "Send P6 project data to Prime" synchronizations
- Open the project that will be synchronized
- Switch to the Activities tab, Go to Actions -> Exchange Data
- Run the action associated with the "Send P6 project data to Prime"
- In Gateway under the Monitoring tab the job will show the error "Projects cannot be created at the root workspace."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms