PROC_AFTER_LOADING_PKG_SCD Scenario, HistRollupActivity Step Taking Long Time To Complete Causing Extreme Performance Degradation With Data Warehouse ETL For P6 Source
(Doc ID 2359377.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 03, 2018
Applies to:Primavera Analytics Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera Analytics - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Primavera Data Warehouse - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While running an ETL for a P6 datasource, the ETL execution takes a long time to complete.
- This bulk of the delay is stemming from the "After loading package SCD" step noted within the ETL log file.
- This step executes the the PROC_AFTER_LOADING_PKG_SCD Scenario which has 8 tasks. However, the entire delay is stemming from only one of the tasks - HistRollupActivity.
The HistRollupActivity task runs the following SQL:
Within the package procedure, the following update statement is being run:
UPDATE w_activity_history_f wahf
FROM w_activity_spread_hf wasf
WHERE wasf.activity_wid = wahf.activity_wid AND wasf.datasource_id = wahf.datasource_id AND wasf.datasource_id = vsrc_id
WHERE wahf.day_wid = dayRowWid AND wahf.datasource_id = vsrc_id AND wahf.project_object_id = proj.project_object_id;
Above Statement repeats for:
- Every proj.project_object_id; within the following cursor:
SELECT project_object_id, NVL(history_interval, histInterval) history_interval FROM w_project_d WHERE datasource_id = vsrc_id and UPPER(NVL(history_level, histLevel)) = 'HL_TASK';
- Associated W_DAY_D.row_wid (from SELECT getdayrow(status_get_start_date(1), 1, 'HL_TASK') FROM DUAL) for the ETL run.
Identify tuning to the SQL which is executed within the hist_rollup_pkg.rollup_to_activity_history package procedure for improving the overall duration of a P6 datasource ETL (and specifically, the HistRollupActivity task from PROC_AFTER_LOADING_PKG_SCD Scenario)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to the Analytics Administration application
2. Note the amount of time it takes for a P6 ETL to complete.
This issue is occurring within production.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!