Part Object Not Created In Agile PLM A9 When Relationship Is Created In Innovation Management
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Innovation Management Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After completing the required connection setup between Fusion Innovation Management (IM) and on-premise Agile PLM (A9), a reference object in the A9 relationship tab that points back into IM requirement is not being automatically created. The web service calls between the environments work fine as evidenced by the fact that IM can pull A9 meta data when creating the relationship within IM UI screens.
The automatic action to create A9 reference object is triggered from within IM via web service call between IM/A9, when an IM user adds an A9 "Part" in IM relationship and clicks on "Save and Close" button.
After selecting Save and Close, this IM action DOES NOT create a reference object in A9 and DOES NOT leave any logged error message in A9 and NO UI Based error message in IM.
The reference object would be created in A9 after the A9 part is added to the IM Requirement relationship
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Product Management -> Concepts
- Open right task pane and select Manage Requirement Specifications
- Search and open Requirements Specification
- Select a Requirement
- Select Additional Information tab
- In Relationships tab select "Select and Add"
- Search for A9 Part - highlight Part and select Ok
- When Part is added - select link (Part name) -> login to A9
- A9 part is now displayed - select Relationships tab and see that no link is created
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms