Group Sequence Number Is Incorrect When Attribute Auto Update Is Triggered
(Doc ID 2365221.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2018
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 2017 R2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When modifying an attribute on a quote that can trigger auto update, the group sequence number for all lines will be increased by 1 after the first modify type action is triggered. For example, if there are three lines on the quote, the current group sequence number are 1, 2, 3. If users modify any attribute on the quote that can trigger auto update, and click a modify type action. The group sequence number will be updated to 2, 3, 4. By clicking a modify action one more time, the group sequence number will be changed back to normal.
For the convenience to observe the group sequence number change, here are the steps that can be used to setup:
- In the CPQ Cloud site, create a quote-level text type attribute.
- In the attribute Default Tab, select Define function and put the listed code in there to get the group sequence number of the last line in the quote:
- In the Modify tab, select Revert to Default for a modify type action (ex:Save and Price).
- Add the attribute to the quote level layout, and deploy commerce.
- Open a quote that has couple line items. Click the modify type action to generate initial value to the attribute just created. And then change an attribute on the quote that can trigger auto-update. Click the Modify type action one more time. The attribute that just created will have an updated number which is 1 greater than before.
- Click that modify type action one more time, the sequence number changes back to normal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!