RDF: Causal Blended Lift Only Works when "Run Estimate Flag" Option Is Checked
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting Cloud Service - Version 16.0 and later
Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Causal blended lift is effected by the “Run Estimate Flag” when this flag should be used only to indicate if the effect estimation should be performed for a certain source level. If the "Run Estimate Flag" option is unchecked for the respective default source level, "blended lift" does not change, the previously calculated blended lift remains. Therefore , for it to work, the "Run Estimate Flag" option of the chosen source level must be checked. Another consequence of this is that when the "Causal Estimation" batch is executed, ie rdf_gen_forecast.ksh, unchecking all the "Run Estimation Flag" values of the various source levels , then implies that the blended lift will not be recalculated next time the default source level is changed.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Run Estimation Flag s checked for an aggregated source level.
2. The “default blending parameter” is set and there is no source level and blending parameter override for the item/store.
4. The Causal Effect at the final level for an high impact promotion on an Item/Store is noted. The Causal Effect at the default source level is noted as well.
5. The calculated blended lift based on the blending parameter is noted.
6. Now run the Causal forecast and observe that the Blended Effect is correct, change the default source level and unset the run estimation flag. Final Level effect remains the same.
7. Now run the Causal forecast and observe that the Blended Effect does not change as it should.
8. Now set the "Run Estimate Flag" option for the same default source level and observe that the blended effect has now changed as it should.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms