After Installation, OSC For Outlook Add-in Fails To Load First Run Assistant or Load Profile
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 184.108.40.206.0 version, Microsoft Outlook
Oracle Sales Cloud for Outlook Add-in fails to obtain Package
For one of Sales Representative , after uninstall and install, OSC for Outlook plugin does not launch. User has required roles to access Outlook
"The user profile appears to be broken and needs to be recreated. YES/NO"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. User had installed OSC for Outlook add-in. Some days ago the Calendars in Sales Cloud and Outlook stopped syncing.
2. Administrator tried to uninstall and reinstall the Oracle Sales Cloud for Outlook Add-in from user's laptop.
3. After the installation, user got to the window that said:
"InstallShield Wizard Completed
The InstallShield Wizard has successfully installed Oracle Sales Cloud for Outlook. Click finish to exit the wizard."
4. User click finish and after that nothing.
5. Customer opened Outlook and it does not popup the First Run Assistant.
6. User gets a message: "The user profile appears to be broken and needs to be recreated. YES/NO"
7. User clicks yes and then nothing.
8. The OSC for Outlook icon appears grayed out in system tray.
9. After clicking on grayed icon > Reload User Profile > Error : "Unable to load user profile due to an unknown error"
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, user cannot use OSC for Outlook plugin
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms