R13 Valid Email Format Script Not Working
Last updated on MAY 10, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Accounts, Contacts, Households
Valid Email format script not working in Release 13 anymore.
Customer is using a groovy script provided by Oracle Support, to check for a valid email format (to have a scructure like an email e.g. email@example.com) on the Contact Object.
The SR 3-14910873641, shows what script we are using (also added script as an attachment).
Unfortunately, this is not working as intended.
The provided steps where it works:
1. Create a contact, enter a valid email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. Press save and continue, no error is shown, since the format is correct.
Steps where the script is not working.
1. Create a contact, enter an invalid email.
2. Press save and continue, here the application will throw an error (this is correct, because the email is not valid).
3. Change the email to a valid format (email@example.com).
4. Press save and continue, still getting an error, even though the email format is correct. We can try to change as many times as we want, but the application will still throw an error, even though the email format is correct.
I also added printing to the script, as you can see, inside the while loop im printing out the email address that is entered. But from the run time messages log file, if I use the steps provided above, where the script is not working as intended. I see that the email address in the run time message, is always the first one, even though I changed it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms