General Questions about using IDCS with Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) with AD / ADFS
(Doc ID 2379134.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2020
Applies to:Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) - Version N/A to N/A
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Please Answer the following questions:
IDCS –AD- OAC integration
1. IDCS and AD test worked. Connection was successful. On login page for ADFS and selecting oracle cloud (POC) shown on page of pdf, providing Sleep Number network login and password takes user to IDCS home page. This proves authentication was successful. However, we would like users to be directed to OAC page and not to IDCS home page. How should we achieve redirection to OAC analytics page?
2. We tried providing OAC Application URL and Custom Login URL but the fields are greyed out and not letting custom input. How to enable these fields and make URL work with AD authentication?
3. We tried OAC URL, the same one used for login to OAC before IDCS integration. This is shown on page 9 in pdf. However, OAC page is not presenting AD login screen and it is not accepting AD credentials. How should we enable OAC analytics login page to accept AD credentials?
IDCS sync. questions
4. What is the recommended approach to sync. IDCS with ADFS?
5. We see bridge agent stores AD metadata in IDCS. Does the bridge agent synch and store AD passwords as well in IDCS?
6. Once bridge agent sync. is enabled, are the authentication requests routed through bridge agent or does IDCS directly connect to ADFS bypassing bridge agent. Please provide IDCS architecture for leveraging ADFS.
7. If the machine running bridge agent is shut down for maintenance, how will such maintenance affect OAC users and login to application? Will users still be able to login during the time bridge agent is down?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document