ER: Dynamic Layouts In Outlook for Sales Cloud
Last updated on APRIL 12, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Microsoft Outlook
ER: Dynamic layouts in Outlook for Sales Cloud
1. Describe how the current product is insufficient:
Dynamic Layouts are needed in Outlook (CRM Desktop)
2. Provide a detailed description of the Enhancement Request:
For our Tasks with Type “Complaint”, we need to add an additional “Product Type” field on the layout.
While this is possible in UI, we are prevented from implementing this requirement because it is not possible to
dynamically change the layout in CRM Desktop.
The “Product Type” field is not necessary on the other Task types we have in CRM Desktop, especially if we want to make it required for Complaints (see the related ER 3-16669637881).
3. If possible, identify how the product can be changed to achieve the desired result:
Add the option to create dynamic layouts in CRM Desktop.
4. Explain why Oracle Development should consider the Enhancement Request:
Currently there is no standard functionality that allows the creation of dynamic layouts in CRM Desktop. We need a consistency between Sales Cloud UI and CRM Desktop, if certain fields are available in UI only when a specific picklist is selected, then the same should happen in Outlook.
5. Describe how this Enhancement will benefit the Customer's business:
We want to add an extra field "Product Type" to the layout, but it will be visible for all task types, not only for the necessary one and it might confuse users. Moreover, if we want to make the field required, it will impact the creation of all tasks in Outlook.
6. Is this Enhancement affecting an implementation milestone?
7. Please provide and describe the business flow that is affected by this:
When Complaints are entered in Sales Cloud, it is necessary to have Product Type information too to improve data quality. But Product Type field is only needed on Tasks type Complaint. Displaying it on the layout will confuse users.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms