ER: Mark Fields as Required In CRM for Outlook
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Describe how the current product is insufficient:
Allow marking fields in CRM Desktop as "required".
2. Provide a detailed description of the Enhancement Request:
For our Tasks with Type “Complaint”, we need to make an additional “Product Type” field mandatory. While this is possible in UI, we are prevented from implementing this requirement because it is not possible to make fields mandatory in CRM Desktop. We need to have the behaviour of both User Interface and CRM Desktop consistent. With the current functionalities, we'll run into issues when importing data from Outlook into Sales Cloud, if the field is not populated.
Removing Task Complaints from Outlook synchronization is not a viable solution.
3. If possible, identify how the product can be changed to achieve the desired result:
Add the option to make a field required in CRM Desktop based on Task Type.
4. Explain why Oracle Development should consider the Enhancement Request:
Currently there is no standard functionality that can help us make a field required in CRM Desktop. Creating separate scripts in UI and Outlook to throw validation warnings is not a practical solution, but a resource consuming one, since we’ll need to invest time and money to maintain it and, in the end, this is not a guarantee Product Type is always filled in, as users can skip these validation warnings.
5. Describe how this Enhancement will benefit the Customer's business:
It will increase our data quality. We have got Tasks - type Complaint and it is necessary to have the “Product Type” value filled in. We want to make it mandatory in UI, but this will affect the Outlook sync.
6. Is this Enhancement affecting an implementation milestone?
7. Please provide and describe the business flow that is affected by this:
When Complaints are entered in sales Cloud, it is necessary to have Product Type information too. Or else, the data quality is poor.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms