DBCS: Cloud console UI not in sync with actual inventory after VM based patching
Last updated on MAY 06, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Database Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- The DBCS System had the merge patch #27212942 applied on top of DATABASE PSU 220.127.116.11.171017
- The UI was showing the new DBPSU available
- The user wanted to apply the later DATABASE PSU 18.104.22.168.180116 but it conflicted with this merge patch:
- The user rolled back the merge #27212942 and applied the new DATABASE PSU 22.214.171.124.180116 using dbpatchm command manually.
- The User found the new merge patch #27358055 for DATABASE PSU 126.96.36.199.180116(which is merge patch corresponding to earlier merge patch#27212942 for newer DBPSU) already applied
But, the DBCS Console UI still showed the DBPSU 188.8.131.52.180116 as NOT APPLIED. This means, that the UI was not in sync with the actual inventory.
- When tested with a brand new DBCS VM, the UI showed the same result but got in sync with the inventory (when we tried applying the same DBPSU from UI) after giving below error:
PSM-PATCH-50215: The provided patch [26925576-EE] with version [184.108.40.206.180116] cannot be applied on the service because service is already at version [220.127.116.11.180116]. <-------
- Due to availability issues, the same workaround was not executed for the actual DBCS system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms