Order's Dynamic Property Values are Lost
(Doc ID 2389442.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Commerce Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Reported Version: 17.6.2
There are various scenarios that order's dynamic property values are lost after sent to server. All the dynamic properties will become null.
Scenario 1: requestQuote endpoint (POST /ccstore/v1/orders/requestQuote)
In this scenario, dynamic properties' values become lost when requestQuote endpoint (POST /ccstore/v1/orders/requestQuote) is called.
This issue occurred with a custom Shipping Options widget.
In following example, there are 2 custom dynamic properties 'dynprop1' and 'dynprop2' in beforeAppear function.
For testing purpose, the explicit values were set for these properties.
the _productType value is lost.
Scenario 1: requestQuote endpoint
- Before following the steps, we needed to ask the customer to set up our account for https://www.mockable.io.
- The steps here assume that 'dynprop1' and 'dynprop2' dynamic properties are set in the custom "updateOrderProperties" function.
1. Go to Storefront
2. Log in as a B2C user
3. Browse some categories
4. Select a product and add it to a cart
5. Click on the cart
6. Press 'Continue'
7. In a another browser window, open https://www.mockable.io and log in.
8. Click on a domain
9. Open "REST" tab and click on 'Request Inspector' at the top
10. Press 'Go' button to refresh the page.
11. Go back to Storefront browser window
12. Press 'Get Quote' button to request for a quote
13. Start browser's Dev Tools
14. Press "Continue with my quote" button.
15. In a browser's Dev tools, we see PUT https://ccstore-abc.oracleoutsourcing.com/ccstoreui/v1/orders/requestQuote request from OCC
16. In Mockable service page, a new "POST /testOrderSubmit" is created. We can expand to see its payload to see that these properties values are null.
Scenario 2: updateOrder endpoint
1. Add a dynamic property to order object
2. Update this dynamic property before checkout
3. Check this dynamic property's value after the order is submitted which becomes null.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Scenario 1: requestQuote endpoint (POST /ccstore/v1/orders/requestQuote)|
|Scenario 2: updateOrder endpoint (POST /ccstore/v1/orders/updateOrder)|
|Scenario 1: requestQuote endpoint|
|Scenario 2: updateOrder endpoint|