Important Information about Decommissioning the Oracle CRM On Demand V2 Analytics Platform
(Doc ID 2390489.1)
Last updated on APRIL 24, 2018
Applies to:Oracle CRM On Demand
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Please be advised that Oracle CRM On Demand V2 Analytics (Reports and Dashboard sections) will be decommissioned with Release 37. Oracle CRM On Demand provided a new Analytics platform with Release 35: V3 Analytics (see Analytics section) that offers enhanced functionality for reports and dashboards.
While existing V2 reports and dashboards remain fully accessible until Release 37, we strongly encourage you to start exploring the new Analytics engine, create new reports, and publish these new reports for your users, in parallel with reviewing the migrated reports and ensuring they reflect your needs.
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that V3 Analytics comes with:
- A single Homepage for multiple actions – you can create Analyses/Dashboards/Filters/Conditions, access Web Catalog folders, and much more
- Search functionality for Analysis/Dashboard/Filter/Dashboard Prompt/Condition
- New visualizations, new views, new chart types, selection steps, conditions, calculated measures, groups and items, Dashboard subpages and My Dashboard
- New Analytics charts based on HTML5 (viewable in mobile or iOS browsers; a Flash plug-in is not required)
- A new version of Oracle Business Intelligence Extended Edition, which will coexist with the current Oracle Business Intelligence Analytics platform for two releases (Release 35 and Release 36)
- V3 version of Company Shared Folder reports that have been run at least once over the last 12 months (migrated one month after the upgrade to Oracle CRM On Demand Release 35)
- No personal reports migrated; users can start re-creating their personal reports after the upgrade to Release 35
What is expected of you once custom reports are migrated:
- Review, modify, test, set appropriate permissions and optionally move the migrated reports to a different folder before publishing them
- Publish the new reports to homepages
- Plan to be off of current Analytics platform by Release 37
We strongly encourage you to share this information with the appropriate team members and plan for this upgrade ahead of time. For more information please review the Introducing V3 Analytics and Analytics Considerations documents.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!