Unable To Bulk Import New Item Classes Using FSM Export/Iimport Functionality
(Doc ID 2392177.1)
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Hub Cloud Service - Version 11.13.18.02.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Fusion Product Hub : 11.13.18.02.0
When attempting to import item classes using the Functional Setup Manager Import / Export functionality, the following error occurs.
FND-2563 The category identifier XXXXX is not valid.In category XXXXXX, the category identifier must begin with an English letter which may be followed by letters or digits and it cannot be a reserved word.
-- Expected Behaviour
Customer expects that the item class import will complete successfully and create the needed item classes
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Setup and Maintenance
2. Navigate to the Product Management offering
3. Highlight the Items Functional Area
4. Highlight the Manage Item Classes Task
5. Select the Actions drop down
6. Select Export to CSV File -> Create New
7. Download the CSV File Package that is created
8. Within the CSV File Package, extract the EGP_ITEM_CLASS.csv file
9. Provide new item class information within the file
10. Insert the updated file into the CSV File Package
11. Within the Setup and Maintenance page, Select Actions -> Import from CSV File -> Create New
12. Within the Import Setup Data from CSV File page -> Provide the CSV File Package
13. Submit the process
14. Process ends in error
-- Business Impact
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot import item classes using the FSM Import / Export Functionality
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document