Transparent Image (PNG File) Within A BI Publisher Report Displays A White Background When Rendered Within A PDF Output Format
(Doc ID 2396612.1)
Last updated on JULY 07, 2022
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 12c and later
Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After uploading and adding an image with a transparent background to a BI Publisher report via the Select the image from a local directory option, the image does not render correctly in PDF output format, and is displayed with a white background.
When running/displaying a BI Publisher report which contains an image logo header, the image background should remain transparent when displayed in PDF output format.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Ensure the report is configured to display Interactive and PDF output formats:
- In BI Publisher, select the Catalog link and browse to the catalog location which contains the report.
- Select Edit on the report.
- Click View a list.
- In the output formats grouping, select the drop-down for the report and verify the Interactive and PDF formats are selected.
- Click Save.
- View the report in Interactive format, note the report displays the image file with a transparent background as expected.
- View the report in PDF format, note the image background displays as white instead of transparent.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!