Windows CredSSP Patch Prevents RDP Access
(Doc ID 2398633.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 01, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Compute Cloud Service - Version N/A to N/A
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure - Version N/A to N/A [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multiple Microsoft Windows Operating system versions including Windows 10 and Windows 2012 are eligible to receive this patch.
For a full list of Microsoft Windows operating systems impacted see the following link:
- Unable to login to Windows instance using RDP.
- Receiving the below authentication error when using RDP to access an instance:
An Authentication error has occurred. The function requested is not supported.
This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation. For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660
- Example RDP Failure scenario between Windows 10 Client and Windows 2012 Server:
Example_Win10_comp: Windows 10 PC was updated to receive Windows CredSSP patch
Example_Win2012_server: Windows 2012 Server did not receive Windows CredSSP Patch
Example_Win10_comp --(RDP-3389)--> Example_Win2012_server : RDP Fails
Windows updates were applied to Windows Client or Server Operating system.
- Multiple Microsoft Windows Operating system versions including Windows 10 and Windows 2012 are eligible to receive this patch.
- These updates can be applied to both Windows Client and Server operating systems.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!